Monday, February 16, 2009

3 Piece Brutality?

Band: Keith invited a bassist to join the band. Supposedly he's a cool guy. His last band was Christian Rock. I'm anxious about this for many reasons, the biggest being that I'm not exactly stoked about dividing my creative input by another factor, I'm not excited about another personality in the mix, and I ain't thrilled about having my technical deficiencies exposed even further. *Sigh*. Oh well, we'll roll on and see what happens. No word from Hanover's about a future gig.

Studio: I found a sweet glass top desk at Big Lot's for a hunerd bucks. There is VERY little left to do in the studio. Anticipate being ready to self-record in the next 30 days.

Miscellany: Not much going down on the rant tip. Work sucks.

7 comments:

Ojo Rojo said...

Christian rock? Is he recovering from that, or what? There is no greater scourge on humanity than Christian rock.

Snake Diggity said...

Supposedly he was paid to join this tour.

KB said...

I'll probably get hammered on this blog for this comment, but I like Christian Rock. Don't hate.

Snake Diggity said...

We're not friends anymore.

Just kidding.

So, what exactly do you like about it?

Rimas Kurtinaitis said...

I read a novel once about this guy trying to make it as a rock star. His drummer and singer quit his band to go on tour as this Christian rock act. He was like, WTF b/c he knew they were both staunch atheists. The singer responded by saying "The songs are the exact same, you just have to put a special emphasis on 'you' and 'him' whenever your singing." I think that's the best description I've ever heard of Christian rock.
And also that it sucks.

Meredith said...

I'm not going to pretend to understand all the technical music stuff, but now I'm stalking your blog. Deal with it. :)
Meredith

Stevenson Road said...

Welcome to the community. Help yourself to that funny looking Kool-Aid.